[plt-scheme] Questions about modules in embedded system

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 8 01:46:17 EDT 2004

At Thu, 7 Oct 2004 23:36:17 -0400, Geoff Schmidt wrote:
> I'd like to split a routine out of embed.ss that takes the same
> mod-list, literal-file-list, and literal-sexpr arguments as
> make-embedding-executable, but writes the resulting expressions to the
> current output port. make-embedding-executable could call this
> function, and it could be used directly. Would you take such a patch?

Yes.

> If so, what should the function be named,

Suggest one in the patch. :)

> and would you like a mzc
> option too?

Not necessary, I think.

> I assume 299 is the development branch for version 300? Does 300 have
> an ETA?

We expect to release 300alpha1 in December.

> How stable is 299?

Stable at the MzScheme and MrEd levels, at least for Unix and Mac OS X.
I'm less certain about Windows, so I'm testing and working under
Windows this week.

Some parts of DrScheme are still catching up in v299, especially the
teaching languages and some tools. For those who use DrScheme in a
class, it's not yet time to switch.

For everyone else who normally uses the CVS-based builds, I recommend
moving to v299, or at least trying it out (and let us know if it
doesn't work!). I switched completely months ago, and I've been giving
talks and demos in v299 for several weeks with no problems.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.