[plt-scheme] Debugger: How much work to implement?

From: Eric Kidd (eric.kidd at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 6 13:10:17 EDT 2004

Thank you for your information!

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:38:22 -0400, John Clements
<clements at brinckerhoff.org> wrote:
> Two of these are tricky in the current mzscheme framework:
> single-stepping (without destroying performance), and evaluation of an
> expression in a given source location's scope. Neither is impossible.

Hmm.  I'd be interested in hearing a little about these issues.  It
might be tolerable to destroy performance if that's the only way to
solve the problem in a reasonable amount of time--we're not
constrained by Scheme performance at all, so a further decrease might
be only semi-noticable.

> The rest is supported by the debugger back-end which is freely
> available--though not what you might call "polished", or even really
> "finished"--this is also the back-end used by mztake.

Is there documention for this, or should I read the source?

> You should also be aware of the "errortrace" library, which provides
> only source positions but is useful for many debugging tasks.

I'll have a look.  Thanks!

-Eric

Posted on the users mailing list.