[plt-scheme] Science Collection

From: Williams, M. Douglas (M.DOUGLAS.WILLIAMS at saic.com)
Date: Mon Oct 4 14:38:40 EDT 2004

I wish it was easy to write truly portable Scheme code.  However, "pure"
Scheme just doesn't support 'programming in the large' well, making it
difficult to write production quality code that is portable.  SRFIs help,
but are inconsistently implemented.  I use many features of PLT Scheme that
I know are not portable (e.g., +/- infinities and non-a-number for numeric
processing, parameters for thread-safety, exceptions, modules, contracts,
graphics, ...), but it's more of necessity for the quality of code I want -
in my opinion - than desire.  Your advice is definitely not ignored, just
agonized over for many years.

Doug