[plt-scheme] Multimedia file format questions

From: Don Blaheta (dblaheta at knox.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 1 20:49:55 EDT 2004

I teach an intro CS class that uses ProfessorJ, and I wanted to write
some scripts to manipulate the .bjava files they handin, so I've been
learning a lot about snips and mzscheme's OO implementation in the last
day or two.  But I have a few questions:

* Is there some way to actually load a file in the PLT multimedia file
  format, other than calling the load-file method on something that
  implements editor<%> ?  Is the file format actually documented
  anywhere (all signs point to no)?  (This is less of a big deal now
  that I know I can get text% from the command line using mred -z,
  actually.  But I'm still curious.)

* I need to get at java-interactions-box%; I tried to simply
  (require (lib "tool.ss" "profj")) but it turns out that class is
  not actually exported.  I'm still quite new to the PLT module
  model---is there some way to get around this?  (How does DrScheme do
  it?)

* Tangentially related: is there a MIME type for the multimedia file
  format (I presume .scm, .bjava et al would use the same MIME type)?
  Due to forces not under my control I'm forced to serve course files
  from an IIS server, and if IIS doesn't know the MIME type for a given
  file extension, it plugs its ears, says "la la la", and pretends the
  file doesn't even exist, sending a 404.  (Auggghh.)

--
-=-Don Blaheta-=-dblaheta at knox.edu-=-=-<http://faculty.knox.edu/dblaheta/>-=-
"There's a myth that if we legalise a substance it would somehow take