[plt-scheme] Implicit begins (and programming style)

From: Daniel Silva (daniel.silva at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 14:16:57 EST 2004

I'd say keep doing without the explicit begins.  I think it's pretty
much understood that if you see a sequence of commands followed by an
expression, then a begin is implied.

It would be nice too if begin started a definition context, so we could say

(when something?
  (define x y)
  (blah x x))

instead of

(when something?
  (let ([x y])
    (blah x x)))

or the cheater's option of

(when something?
  (let ()
    (define x y)
    (blah x x)))

, though maybe

(when something?
  (with (x y)
    (blah x x)))

is sufficient?  I still think the first one is easier on the eyes...

Daniel