[plt-scheme] how to manually install drScheme - ms-windows

From: Joe Marshall (jrm at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 22 10:37:19 EST 2004

actuary77 at comcast.net writes:

> I have installed Dr. Scheme on a windows 2000 computer.
>
> I have installed 90% of my applications in a subdirectory called c:\bin....
> PLT is installed in c:\bin\plt\
> I have a  c:\home\.. subdirectory, a "docs" dir, etc. (mocked the
> linux tree as close as I could..)
>
> I do not use the "Program Files" or "My Documents" for anything if I can help it.

Why not, and are you sure?

You may try to avoid putting executables in `Program Files', but if
you have not changed the value of

  HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProgramFilesDir

then Windows still thinks you want to put files there.  The same is
true for subkeys of

  HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

Posted on the users mailing list.