[plt-scheme] v299 and pattern matching filenames

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 9 11:57:13 EST 2004

You should use path->bytes and byte regexps, in this case. Use
path->string to display the strings to the user, but otherwise try to
avoid it (because not all paths can be turned into strings anymore).

path->bytes and bytes->path, on the other hand (modulo some windows
issues that may even be worked out by now) don't lose any information.

Robby

At Tue, 9 Nov 2004 08:53:43 -0800 (PST), Ron Stanonik wrote:

> I'm porting an application from v208 to v299.  In v208 paths were strings
> and I used regexp-match to identify files (eg, .jpg or logNNNNN).  In v299
> paths are not strings, but a new type.  A solution is to path->string, then
> regexp-match.
>
> Is path->string the solution or is there some path matching, which I should
> be using.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron
> stanonik at cogsci.ucsd.edu