[plt-scheme] questions about profiling & DrScheme startup

From: Doug Orleans (dougo at place.org)
Date: Fri May 28 14:55:20 EDT 2004

Matthew Flatt writes:
 > At Fri, 28 May 2004 13:46:01 -0400, Doug Orleans wrote:
 > > I wish there were a better way to find out about this kind of stuff
 > > than searching in help-desk.
 >
 > Well, we've settled on Help Desk as the way to find information, and
 > that's where we expect put our effort for improving searches.

That's fine, but what I said about browsing still applies to Help
Desk: the Manuals page simply lists the names of collections with
doc.txt files, but it would be a lot more useful if it also included a
short description of each collection.

Umm, wait, it looks like such a thing already exists: the "blurb"
binding in a collection's info.ss is used in the Software -> Installed
Components section of the help desk.  So I guess that's where I should
have been looking first, instead of the Software -> Manuals section
(which appears on the front page).  Fascinating...

(Is there a URL-like way to refer to a particular page in Help Desk?)

--dougo at place.org

Posted on the users mailing list.