[plt-scheme] error message for case-sensitivity

From: Michael Sperber (sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Thu May 27 15:01:10 EDT 2004

>>>>> "Matthias" == Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> writes:

Matthias> Correct. He caught the mistake before he clicked on Execute.
Matthias> I was hoping I'd see how he reacts to the error message. I
Matthias> sat there and said nothing. I was hoping you could relay to
Matthias> us what your students say about the error messages.

Since I usually spend quite some time emphasizing that the students
*read* the error messages (and they do, most often), I'm sure it helps
a great deal.

It will, of course, inevitable fall down when people actually *use*
different identifiers that differ only by case.  Which leads me to
believe that a better solution altogether would be switching to
case-insensitivity.  (Sorry to be such a fanatic.)

--
Cheers =8-} Mike