[plt-scheme] DrScheme memory usage

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Wed May 26 10:19:01 EDT 2004

vladyx at home wrote:

> Hello ifconfig,
>  Wednesday, May 26, 2004, 5:48:19 PM, you wrote:

>  in> Why is 90M of ramunacceptable?

> Because this is just for very small programs. What happens for complex
> programms ?

Don't worry - it is DrScheme that uses most of the ram and not your program.
When the program is finished one used the "Make launcher" to make
a little script that starts the program without starting DrScheme, thus
using much less memory.

> Even so,sometimes, DrScheme manage to make my computer to not respond
> for tens of seconds.

Perhaps DrScheme3m works better for you?

>  in> And why is Outlook tryingto paint my text blue now?
>
> This, I don't now :)

Both of you should consider changing the default settings in
Outlook (Express?). Set the format to Text (not HTML) and things will
work as expected.

--
Jens Axel Søgaard