[plt-scheme] error message for case-sensitivity

From: ifconfig nslookup (nslookupifconfig at hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 25 17:50:36 EDT 2004

Anton said:
> All this highlights the point here: it's messy because even with something
> as simple as case-insensitivity, we're talking about encoding some
> arbitrary
> human knowledge about natural language, into the core of a programming
> language.

Who said it has to be in the core of a programming language?
I don't consider the default error handlers the core of a programming
language. Also, you don't need any more information than you already have
(all defined identifiers) to check for case mistakes, and it's not a long
process either. So what is it that's wrong with encoding it into the error
handler? It may be arbitrary, but we want it because it's a common mistake.

ifconfig.

P.S.
I hate Microsoft Outlook.
Does anyone know how to make it stop changing my nick's i to an I?

Posted on the users mailing list.