[plt-scheme] accessing SXML->HTML in the latest version of sxml-tools for plt-scheme

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon May 24 17:18:39 EDT 2004

On May 24, Anton van Straaten wrote:
> I'm not really arguing that, my only serious point is that Scheme's
> cultural bias towards all-lowercase identifiers, which Noel
> referenced, is likely to start eroding once case-sensitivity is
> standard.

Yeah, I just thing that the usefulness of the language is more
important than its culture...

> One thing that occurs to me is that just because the reader is
> case-sensitive doesn't mean that all identifiers have to be.  You
> could have a system in which uses of identifiers declared or
> imported from a case-sensitive source must use the exact original
> case, whereas other identifiers would remain case-insensitive.
> Wouldn't that give the best of both worlds?  Of course, it's more
> complicated than just making all identifiers case-sensitive.

This sounds like its going to the direction of what Allegro CL has.
(See first Google result for "allegro case sensitive".)  My subjective
opinion is that if you find yourself writing such a manual just to
explain case sensitiveness, then you're overdoing it.  In CL you don't
really have a choice since the language spec is so much more rigid.