[plt-scheme] Encodings

From: Sylvain Beucler (beuc at beuc.net)
Date: Sat May 22 10:45:10 EDT 2004

What I need is to read Scheme source files that countain accents in the
comments, in their textual output and in strings used in the GUI. In a
dream world, any source file would have its own encoding, so that
different Scheme developpers can use different encodings, system
locales and text editors (eg DrScheme and Emacs), and of course no
change would be needed to upgrade from v200 to v300.

I just messed up a friend's Java source files editing them with both
Emacs and JBuilder, so I want to avoid that :)

I would like to test the Unicode support, so I precise my question. Is
it tagged, or should I checkout the HEAD?

Thanks,

--
Sylvain

Robby Findler wrote:
> Oh -- if you are interested in editing Latin-1 files in drscheme
> proper (rather than just reading them in as part of your program)
> that is something that DrScheme could certainly support. (Sorry if
> I mis-understood your question)
>
> It doesn't yet, but I do plan to add it, eventually.
>
> > At Fri, 21 May 2004 07:59:52 -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
> > > The new mzscheme supports many different encodings. The default is
> > > utf-8, but you can certainly read in files that are in Latin-1.
> > >
> > > Robby

> Latin-1
> which
> compliant.