[plt-scheme] Slideshow doesn't show some characters

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat May 22 09:42:25 EDT 2004

At Fri, 21 May 2004 22:23:20 +0100, Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos wrote:
> Can someone please tell me if I need any special fonts or is there any
> special dependency I should know about?

You need a symbol font.

To see what font MrEd is currently trying to find for symbols, run

  (send the-font-name-directory
        get-screen-name
        (send the-font-name-directory
             find-family-default-font-id 'symbol)
        'normal 'normal)

For more information on font configuration, see

  http://download.plt-scheme.org/doc/207/html/mred/mred-Z-H-1184.html

JFYI: In v299 with fontconfig-/Xft-based fonts, when a font doesn't
contain a glyph for a particular character, MrEd looks for a font to
substitute for that character. (Font substitution becomes especially
useful with Unicode, of course.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.