[plt-scheme] PLT Scheme v207 doesn't install

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri May 21 23:21:53 EDT 2004

On May 22, Prakash Neelakantan wrote:
> I reinstalled 207, invoked the debugger on the exception (VS 7.1) and
> did a  mini dump with heap.  If it helps, i can upload this file to a
> ftp location. Its 164MB.

Sure it will help!  I will set up an ftp account for the upload and
send you the details when done.

> This is on my home machine and my internet link 128Kbps so the upload
> will would be slow but i should be able to do it overnight. Is there a
> smaller debug dump extract i can send my email?

I don't know anough about extracting, so it's best if you upload the
whole thing.  But since it's a heap dump I'm sure that compressing it
will make a significantly smaller file.  There is a bzip2 binary for
windows that can probably do a good job (google for "bzip2 windows"
and it's the first result).

> Surprisingly,  the install suceeded on  my laptop which runs Windows
> 2003 server. I run the same antivirus on that machine too.

Yeah, I did find the McAfee trial version, and tried multiple setup
scenarios and got no crash.  I don't think that this was the cause.