[plt-scheme] PLT Scheme 207 available

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Wed May 19 05:20:04 EDT 2004

Paulo Matos wrote:

> Nice, I'm creating a Computer Algebra System for learning Mathematics,
> something more like Wolfram Calculus Wiz than Mathematica.

The symbolic stuff is hard to get right. I have various attempts
lying around in various stages. The phrase "worse is better" begins
to make sense.

> I've already done a lot of low level functions for dealing with numbers.

We should swap then. I have some number theory stuff inspired from

"Modern Computer Algebra" by von zur Gathen and Gerhard.

(the link is to the old version, since that let's you "Look Inside".
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0521826462/ref=sib_rdr_dp/103-8372876-0861408?%5Fencoding=UTF8&no=283155&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&st=books>

> Jens, if you get to implement nice function plotting and root finding,
> minimum finding algorithms, I'll ask them from you soon, if you don't
> mind me to use them.

Not at all. Bug me, if I don't this "calculator" thing done in the week end.

--
Jens Axel Søgaard