[plt-scheme] web application programming in scheme

From: Don Felgar (dfelgar at rainier-infosys.com)
Date: Mon May 17 12:25:24 EDT 2004

On Mon, May 17, 2004, Jens Axel S?gaard wrote:
> Don Felgar wrote:

> That problem can be solved by letting Appache get the pages
> from a PLT web-server:
>
> <http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2003-September/003568.html>
>
> At least if I understand the problem correctly.

Indeed.  However there is a caveat: in model your webapp will rely on
a single process.  IMO one of the virtues of Apache is that this is
never the case.  A built-in application server inherits Apache's
well-tuned process management and fault tolerance.

Another possibility is Oleg's FCGI proxy.  It allows any process to
answer HTTP requests.  It reliably restarts the application server as
necessary.  This model may or may not confine you to a single
application server, I don't recall.  FCGI has a somewhat restrictive
license.

--Don

Posted on the users mailing list.