[plt-scheme] help needed creating a .plt file for PLT version of SSAX

From: Neil W. Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue May 11 17:25:44 EDT 2004

Terrence Brannon <metaperl at urth.org> writes at 16:49 11-May-2004 -0400:
> why don't these .plt files automatically call SetupPlt.exe when I
> click on them in Mozilla? When I click on the ones at
> celtic.benderweb.net, SetupPlt.exe is called immediately.

Unless I'm misguessing, your computer is has a bad security hole...

I strongly recommend going to the Mozilla options dialog and figuring
out how to tell your Mozilla to *always download, not view, nor open,
nor execute* files with names ending in ".plt" or having MIME file type
"application/octet-stream".  (The exact way to do this varies between
versions of Mozilla.)

Unless you like arbitrary Web sites to be able to execute arbitrary code
on your computer, perhaps without you even clicking on anything.

This is not a problem with PLT, nor with either of those Web sites, but
with the current Mozilla or Windows preference settings on your
computer.

Posted on the users mailing list.