[plt-scheme] to define, or to let

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 23 10:49:22 EST 2004

On Mar 23, 2004, at 10:45 AM, Joe Marshall wrote:

> Do you care which OS error terminates your program?

Of course, the more information you have about errors the better. I
don't know about you but it helps me debug my programs.

> I would *love* to have a Scheme system that could continue
> as if nothing had happened even in the presence of the most obvious
> errors.

Okay, so -- as your boss -- I want you to imagine for a day that no
error message ever shows up, that they all calls to error (external and
internal) are replaced with

  (random-pick '(... your favorite 100 Scheme values from the running
program ...))

and off you go. -- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.