[plt-scheme] Installation problem with PLT Scheme

From: jppurchase (jppurchase at rogers.com)
Date: Mon Mar 15 22:48:31 EST 2004

I'm trying to install plt-206p1-bin-i386-win32 on a Windows XP Home pc.

When I double click on the file name, the installation starts, files get
copied and then I receive an error message which says:

"mred has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvenience."

There is a window on the desktop called "PLT Installer". The message inside
the window is Running setup.

The error signature information says:

AppName: mred.exe                  Appver: 202.0.0.0

ModName: libmred206p1-0.dll

ModVer: 0.0.0.0

Offset: 000c420e

This is a fresh install of Windows XP with all available updates from
Microsoft installed. I run Zone Alarm Professional 4, Popup Inspector and
Spam Inspector. Norton Antivirus 2004 is installed and up to date.

What's the error?

Thanks

James Purchase

Toronto