[plt-scheme] standalone exes

From: Pedro Pinto (ppinto at cs.cmu.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 13 08:29:22 EST 2004

Hi there,

I have been playing around with creating standalone exe's (not
launchers) and I am having a little trouble.

1) I tried to use:

    mzc --exe t.scm

where t.scm is:

    (module t mzscheme (display "hello"))

And I get:

mzc: expects <file/directory/collection>
[<file/directory/sub-collection>] ... on the command line, given 0 arguments

Note that `mzc t.scm' seems to work, a t.dll is created.

2) The above works if I set the language level to module in DRScheme and
select "Create Executable...". But I have been unable to create an .exe
for a program that uses a native extension. Can this be done or do I
need to link the native code into the mzscheme .exe myself?

Thanks in advance,
-pp

Posted on the users mailing list.