[plt-scheme] slideshow/textpic bitmaps

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 11 23:24:00 EST 2004

At Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:24:22 -0500, Daniel Silva wrote:
> When loading PNG images with (bitmap "filename.png") to use in a
> slideshow, my PNGs usually come out looking really poor, even if I scale
> them down.

What do you mean by "scale them down"?

My first guess is that your screen isn't 1024x768, and so the slides
(including bitmap content) is scaled to fit your screen.

A reliable way to counter this scaling is to wrap the bitmap pict with
`size-in-pixels'. Of course, for different display sizes, the bitmap
will be a different size relative to the rest of the slide.

But are you already using `size-in-pixels'?

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.