[plt-scheme] Homepages in Scheme

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 23:12:29 EST 2004

--- Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos
<pocm at netvisao.pt> wrote:
> I'm about to develop an homepage in DrScheme...

Don't listen to the false prophets.  WebIt! is the One
True Way to develop webpages in PLT Scheme.  I've
used, for example, to develop the Scheme UK site:

  http://schematics.sf.net/scheme-uk/

You write the content using a markup you specify and
then write a stylesheet that transforms the markup
into HTML (the same idea as in XSLT if you're familiar
with it).  It saves a lot of effort -- you don't need
to write out everything verbatim.

As for servlets there is unfortunately no common
library.  I think most people have developed their own
little library to do stuff like authentication etc.

Noel

=====
Email: noelwelsh <at> yahoo <dot> com
Jabber: noelw <at> jabber <dot> org