[plt-scheme] Cannot install latest CVS drscheme version

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 23 08:57:02 EDT 2004

At Wed, 23 Jun 2004 07:00:59 +0100, Paulo Jorge O. C. Matos wrote:
> While trying to compile and install drscheme (latest cvs,to make
> use of M.Flatt's latest modifications to slideshow)
> [...]
> cd /home/pmatos/plt-install; ./install
> reference to undefined identifier: use-compiled-file-kinds
> make[1]: *** [copy-finish] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pmatos/myplt'
> make: *** [install] Error 2
>
> Any ideas what that use-compiled-file-kinds is?

The problem is that the `install' script didn't yet work for v299. I
finally fixed it, but beware that Setup PLT will report many failures
for collections not yet ported to v299.

In general, I recommend using 207.1 (i.e., the exp-tagged files in
CVS). That would give you the `set-margin!' bug fix.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.