[plt-scheme] New DrScheme language

From: Sylvain Beucler (beuc at beuc.net)
Date: Tue Jun 15 09:58:24 EDT 2004

Hello PLT,

We are four students in 4th year of Computer Science from the
university of Nice (France), and in the context of our end-term
project with our Scheme teacher Jean-Paul Roy, we designed a new
language for DrScheme: SpécialK.

It is based on the language used by our algorithmics teacher, Emmanuel
'K'ounalis: it is quasi-functional, and used as a support to write
algorithms in an easy way.

A SpécialK installer can be downloaded at:
http://deptinfo.unice.fr/twiki/pub/Minfo/PagePersoSylvainBeucler/specialk.plt

Full sources (Scheme, LaTeX, Makefile's, HACKING...) are available at:
http://deptinfo.unice.fr/twiki/pub/Minfo/PagePersoSylvainBeucler/specialk.tar.gz

'Precompiled' user documentation can also be found at:
http://deptinfo.unice.fr/twiki/pub/Minfo/PagePersoSylvainBeucler/specialk.pdf
http://deptinfo.unice.fr/twiki/pub/Minfo/PagePersoSylvainBeucler/specialk-doc.plt

SpécialK will be used next year in the algorithmics class at our
university, for 2nd and 3rd year students.

We would really like to make SpécialK part of the next version of
DrScheme - or at least, part of the Full CVS snapshot.

Can you give us your point?

--
The SpécialK team
Sylvain Beucler