[plt-scheme] Swindle bug?

From: Ittai Balaban (balaban at cs.nyu.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 14 14:25:09 EDT 2004

So I'll try to bite back -- I went with the thing that I thought about
> in that thread.  The summary of this change (from the doc.txt) is:
>
>   In a local definition context, this should do the right thing as long
>   as `defmethod' or `defgeneric' is used to define the method (but note
>   that using a local generic function, is very inefficient) -- for
>   example, both of these work (defining a local generic):

So now I'm confused.
In my example I was not defining a global generic, not a local one.
So is there a general problem of some defmethod's being "forgotten"? Is
the only workaround to explicitly use add-method with explicitly
constructed methods?

--
Ittai