[plt-scheme] Dynamic Slide Creation

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 25 21:51:22 EDT 2004

It wasn't on the list.  It's something we talked about internally.  I
hired a summer student to work on two applications of FrTime, the
second of which was supposed to be Slideshow.  But the first has taken
on a life of its own, so we haven't gotten around to Slideshow and are
unlikely to in the immediate future.

Shriram

Paulo Jorge O. C. Matos wrote:

> >   For list-related administrative tasks:
> >
> > Heh.  There's been some talk about integrating Slideshow with FrTime.
> > Interested in doing it?
>
> Nice! It'll be interesting, but I think I missed that thread. Can
> you remember the title?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paulo Matos
>

> > Shriram
> >
> > Paulo Jorge O. C. Matos wrote:
> >
> >>   For list-related administrative tasks:
> >>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I've done some presentations in PLT-Scheme using the slideshow
> >> collection which is really nice however, afaik slide creation is static
> >> instead of dynamic, so I think it is impossible to do the
> >> following for example:
> >>
> >> Create a slideshow of, for example, 10 slides with the current
> >> time in them. Of course, the result I want is that if I start
> >> slideshow at 5pm and I stay one hour in the 1st slide, when I get
> >> to the 2nd, it'll show 6pm. I think slideshow as it is now, will
> >> create all slides in the beginning and show in all slides 5pm.
> >>
> >> Wouldn't it be nice to change this? Would it be difficult?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Paulo J. Matos : pocm [_at_] mega . ist . utl . pt
> >> Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon
> >> Computer and Software Eng. - A.I.
> >>  - > http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~pocm
> >> ---
> >>         -> God had a deadline...
> >>                 So, he wrote it all in Lisp!
> >

> --
> Paulo J. Matos : pocm [_at_] mega . ist . utl . pt
> Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon
> Computer and Software Eng. - A.I.
>  - > http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~pocm
> ---