[plt-scheme] Trimming mzScheme

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 21 12:03:05 EDT 2004

At Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:30:51 +0100 (BST), "Alex J. Champandard" wrote:
> * Garbage Collection -- Is there any way to revert to a vanilla
> implementation of a GC that does not use OS queries to isolate the stack?

Yes: use SGC by suppyling --enable-sgc to configure.

> * Thread support -- While mzScheme seems to implement it's own scheme
> threads within the VM, what's the easiest way to make the application use
> one thread only?

Don't call `thread'.

If you know that certain functions will never be called, a lot of
internal code could be removed, but there's not much in the source to
help you. And long ago, I tried to support pared-down versions of
MzScheme with preprocessor definitions like NO_SCHEME_THREADS, but I
didn't keep them working.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.