[plt-scheme] Re: MzScheme incremental gc on windows unstable/not working?

From: join at krakendev.com (join at krakendev.com)
Date: Wed Jul 14 18:16:15 EDT 2004

>I mean building MzScheme itself from source.
Hmm, ok. I just compiled the MSVC one (just launched the .sln and hit
run). When I remove the old .lib references and the .dll's and add those
of the newly made one it gives me the following error:
dynext.c
line 495

First-chance exception at 0x010cc582 in DX Schemer.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation reading location 0x00000004.
Unhandled exception at 0x010cc582 in DX Schemer.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation reading location 0x00000004.

It runs fine with the other lib/dlls.

>If nothing changes, still, maybe you can profile to find out where the
>GC is spending all its time?
Yeah, I'll have to try. My main concern is that I'm probably going to end
up needing the incremental gc anyway, depending on what the resource usage
is when I can get the gc to work properly at all...
Thanks once again, Matthew.
-Brandon

Posted on the users mailing list.