[plt-scheme] Compilation Issue and Other Inquiry

From: join at krakendev.com (join at krakendev.com)
Date: Wed Jul 7 17:13:55 EDT 2004

Thanks a lot for your time and patience with my compilation issue. I did
that several times last night to no avail, and the same happened today. I
ran "%VS71COMNTOOLS%vsvars32.bat" (which was the command in the vc7\bin
.bat file) and now everything seems to be in order (whether or not that
was the cause is unknown to me).

I'm reading through "Inside MzScheme" now and was wondering if maybe
someone could point me in the right direction with this.

I'm trying to set up a rather simple scripting engine for an app and given
my interest in Lisp someone pointed me to MzScheme.

I'm planning on writing the scheme/C++ communication functions and simply
file for bad tokens, passing s-expressions to eval, then running the
eval'd functions as needed by the driver)

Ideally, what I'd like to do is something like this:

<<SomeClass.h>>
class cclass {
   public:
      int x;
      int z;
};

<<SchemeExtension.h>>
#include "escheme.h"
#include "SomeClass.h"

// a simple example
Scheme_Object(?) *add_to_x(cclass *c, int iNum)
{
   c->x += iNum;
   return scheme_void;
}

I'm not really sure what the function call would look like from the driver...

First of all, is this a good idea/design with MzScheme? Second, is it
easily (possible?) implemented?

Thanks again for your time,
Brandon

Posted on the users mailing list.