[plt-scheme] Problems with compiling MzScheme extensions in MSVC 7

From: join at krakendev.com (join at krakendev.com)
Date: Tue Jul 6 21:56:17 EDT 2004

Hopefully this is the correct list to ask this question...

Anyway, I've successfully embedded MzScheme in a test app and have begun
to try and write extensions now, which I've run into a snag with. I've
been searching for a fix to this and the only resource that I've found
(http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/mailarch/plt-scheme-2001/msg01229.html) only
seems to get me half way to my destination.

I've followed the steps in the above post and the first mzc step seems to
work properly:

D:\Prog\Scheme\PLT>mzc --cc hello.c
MzScheme compiler (mzc) version 207, Copyright (c) 2004 PLT Scheme, Inc.
"hello.c":
 [output to ".\hello.obj"]

However, the generation of the .dll fails as such:

D:\Prog\Scheme\PLT>mzc --ld hello.dll hello.obj
MzScheme compiler (mzc) version 207, Copyright (c) 2004 PLT Scheme, Inc.
"hello.obj":
link-extension:
Info: resolving _scheme_false by linking to __imp__scheme_false (auto-import)
fu000001.o(.idata$3+0xc): undefined reference to `libmzsch207_000_lib_iname'
nmth000000.o(.idata$4+0x0): undefined reference to `_nm__scheme_false'

I'll keep tinkering with it but I'm honestly just lost as to what is
wrong/missing. Cheers and thanks.

Posted on the users mailing list.