[plt-scheme] naming convention for structure constructor vs. wrapper?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Jul 1 10:27:13 EDT 2004

On Jun 30, Robby Findler wrote:

> I usually use build-XXX in that case (esp. when it is a procedure).

FWIW, I'm with Doug -- I don't like using a different name when there
are slots that should be not be visible for constructors, common cases
that I can think of are cache slots, and constructors that need to do
some extra work for initialization.  If I need to provide the raw
constructor I do the same make-foo* thing (I consider "*" as similar
to ML's "'", so I don't mind overloading its meaning).