[plt-scheme] embedding MzScheme with Carbon ?

From: Chris Perkins (cperkins at medialab.com)
Date: Fri Jan 30 17:12:57 EST 2004

John, Matthew,

Well, my testbed has been as a Carbon application, but our final destination is a Carbon shared library to be used by a different Carbon application. Otherwise, I wouldn't even bother with Carbon at all.

I'm not positive, but I'm fairly sure this locks me into CFM. Mach-O projects can leverage carbon code, but I don't know of any good way to do the reverse.  Although, admittedly, Mac OS X programming is not my forte.

Chris

At 12:47 PM 1/30/2004, you wrote:

>Hmm... I can see that a project would not be considered Carbon unless it used only CFM chunks.  After all, Carbon apps are supposed to run on OS 9. However, it is _not_ the case that applications that link against the Carbon framework can only use CFM chunks; in particular, OS X DrScheme links against the Carbon framework, and also against Mach-O object files.
>
>So why can't you simply reclassify your project as an "OS X" project, or whatever CodeWarrior uses to designate non-carbon apps, and then add the Carbon framework to the link manually?
>
>john

Posted on the users mailing list.