[plt-scheme] get-key-event in draw.ss

From: Connor Ferguson (psfreak at linkline.com)
Date: Sat Feb 28 14:58:22 EST 2004

on 2/28/04 10:40 AM, Bruce Hauman at bhauman at cs.wcu.edu wrote:

> Connor Ferguson wrote:
>> For list-related administrative tasks:
>>
>> I'm working on my eighth grade science project due Monday and I need to get
>> a list of shapes to move when the user presses the arrow keys and I wanted
>> to know if I should be using get-key-event in the draw.ss teachpack. Someone
>> please help!
>
> Hey Connor,
>
> I need to know a bit more before I can help.
>
> Are you using the draw.ss teachpack to draw your shapes?
> If so, are you having trouble using get-key-event or are you just
> wondering how to use it in the first place?
>

> Bruce

I am using the draw.ss teachpack to draw the shapes. I am wondering
partially how to use the get-key-event and also if that is the direction I
should be going in order to make the list of shapes move with the arrow
keys. If I should be using get-key-event, how should I approach it?

Just to tell you, I am working on the lunar lander exercise from Section 21
of HTDP. I will then be using the arrow keys to move an object on the screen
for a VERY simple Space Invaders type game for my science project.

Thank you very much for helping
Connor

Posted on the users mailing list.