[plt-scheme] What does PLT stand for?

From: Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos (pocm at netvisao.pt)
Date: Sat Feb 21 07:10:19 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 10:22, Terrence Brannon wrote:

> My guess is "Principles of Learning and Teaching"

I think I've seen a thread like this before around here. Where somebody
said: "Stands for itself." The funny thing is I tried to find the thread
in the archives through google and I found another page... heh
http://www.uws.edu.au/about/acadorg/clb/sl/courses/plt/pltfaq

Where it says:
"Q    Why is the course called PLT and what does PLT stand for?

A   PLT is the abbreviation of Professional Legal Training.  PLT is a
requirement of the NSW Legal Practitioner’s Admission Board (LPAB).  The
course is actually called the Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice and it
is a postgraduate coursework program.  We call it PLT simply because it
is an easier way of referring to the course."

heh :D nice, isn't it?

Cheers,

--

Paulo J. Matos : pocm [_at_] mega . ist . utl . pt
Instituto Superior Tecnico - Lisbon

Posted on the users mailing list.