[plt-scheme] HtDP Section 14: stricter typing for eye color?

From: Terrence Brannon (metaperl at urth.org)
Date: Mon Feb 16 05:13:10 EST 2004

Robby Findler wrote:

>I am well aware of this. I answered the original poster's message in
>the context of How to Design Programs (a textbook for introductory
>programming, aka HtDP), which was clearly how it was asked.

The original post did say this:

<quote>
How does one typically enforce such restrictions in Scheme?
</quote>

So even though the launch pad for the discussion was a program in HtDP, I was using HtDP as the basis for a question about Scheme . In the future, I will be more explicit about what I am looking for and perhaps eliminate references to HtDP and just ask a general question. In fact, if it is a general question, perhaps it is best placed on comp.lang.scheme instead of here.

The reason I asked is that I figured that a  student of mine might ask me how and/or why anything is allowed in the eye-color slot and I wanted to be able to give them an authoritative answer, as well as put my mind to rest that Scheme is a good language to become religious about in my search for The One Perfect Language.