[plt-scheme] Re: Sandboxing and modules

From: Markku Rontu (mrontu at cc.hut.fi)
Date: Sun Feb 8 15:34:41 EST 2004

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, David Van Horn wrote something like this:

> You can prevent file and network access with Security Guards (Sec. 9.1 of
> MzScheme Language Manual).

I'm using the read-eval-print-loop to test my sandbox and found out that,
whenever I type something undefined, my security guard gets called with
(current-directory #f (exists)). What might this be? What functionality in the
REPL is doing this?

Another sandboxing consideration is the custodian-limit-memory. Does anybody
distribute or plan to distribute PLT with the memory accounting compiled
in? I'd rather not distribute such myself but my users are probably going to
need it to run the sandbox.

--- Markku Rontu --------------------------------- 22:22. Sun Feb  8, 2004 ---
   E-mail markku.rontu at hut.fi - WWW www.hut.fi/~mrontu/ - GSM +358503822310