[plt-scheme] Flood of paint events during resize for MrEd under X

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Dec 29 15:50:39 EST 2004

First of all, with a bitmap buffer (draw on an internal bmp-dc, paint
that bmp on the screen) things should be fast enough to move a window
around even when there are windows in front of it.  Second, for
resizing I once tried to keep track of the time a resize happened: if
there is a second resize event in a short time, you switch to a mode
where handling resizing is done after a short delay -- so when you
resize drawing happens as usual, but the content is not resized until
you stop resizing the window.  I never got to actually implement this
since it became painfully clear that opaque resizing under X is a bad
idea, making lots of application an embarrassment.