[plt-scheme] PLaneT in v299?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Wed Dec 8 16:06:53 EST 2004

On Dec 8, 2004, at 4:03 PM, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:

> Doug Orleans wrote:
>
>> Is it my imagination or is PLaneT missing from the (exp-tagged) v299
>> source tree?
>>
> Apropos PLaneT - it would be nice to receive an (automated) email each
> time
> a new collection is added to PLaneT or an old one is upgraded.

This would seem like a natural application for rss ... IF I were
convinced that rss were a good idea at all.  Can anyone explain to me
why I would rather watch an rss feed than just get an automated e-mail?
  Or is the idea behind rss simply to transfer the burden of work from
the source to the recipient?

john