[plt-scheme] [Ann] Common Larceny alpha

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 8 10:40:17 EST 2004

On Dec 8, 2004, at 12:40 AM, Joe Duffy wrote:

> Does Common Larcency ship with both an interpreter and compiler? If
> so, do
> you compile Scheme->IL, or some intermediary such as C#?

A direct compiler only.

> Do you plan on releasing any whitepapers or studies about any
> challenges
> you've run into mapping Scheme's functional constructs down to what is
> essentially an object oriented types system and instruction set (CTS &
> MSIL)?

Will Clinger has promised to write a paper with Joe and the students
who made technical contributions. In general, I would like to add that
if the OO people hadn't forgotten what they community knew in the 60s
and 70s, you wouldn't contrast 'functional' and 'object-oriented', and
the designers of abstract (or virtual) machines would probably
accommodate both more easily.

-- Matthias

> Thanks,
>
> <joe/>