[plt-scheme] Re: s->s: string cannot be encoded for the current locale

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 7 23:32:34 EST 2004

> > At Fri, 03 Dec 2004 14:50:59 -0500, David Van Horn wrote:
> >>Welcome to MzScheme version 299.23, Copyright (c) 2004 PLT Scheme, Inc.
> >>s->s: string cannot be encoded for the current locale: "PLTCOLLECTS"

This should be fixed in CVS, now.

I changed MzScheme to avoid the problem on two levels:

 1. Instead passing the result of nl_langinfo(CODESET) to iconv_open(),
    MzScheme now passes "" for the current locale's encoding.

 2. If there's still no converter available, MzScheme falls back to
    UTF-8 instead of refusing to convert.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.