[plt-scheme] Announce: GUIBuilder HOWTO/Tutorial Released

From: ctest at neural.dlsemc.com (ctest at neural.dlsemc.com)
Date: Tue Aug 31 15:23:43 EDT 2004

I've written A HOWTO/Tutorial for guibuilder (for drscheme)

Features are:
       * Focuses on getting frames working inside functions
       * Covers making your functions actually return values
       * Includes my continuation trick for returning values
       * Covers the guibuilder component archetecture

Future work will hopefully include:
       * My continuation trick needs to be explained better
       * Flesh out component architecture more
       * Ephasize "style" in the eirlier sections, and how
         most frames should be non-deterministic functions
         (i.e. have no side effects).
       * Report the Guibuilder "save bug" rather then just
         try to work around it.

Undesireable features:
       * Done in composer instead of texmacs.  (broken links,
         incosistant layouts, etc)
       * Continuations section needs to be cleaned up.
       * Section on 'how to use guibuilder without continuations'
         goes for a while, then ends up going into a dead end. I
         should either find a solution, or remove the section.

You can view it at
http://students.depaul.edu/~csweeney/Guibuilder.Tutorial.html

Check it out and feel free to message me, letting me know what you think.

I have a new email addres.  please feel free to mail me at
corey.sweeney at gmail.com, or my yahoo messanger address is on the web page.

Corey

Posted on the users mailing list.