[plt-scheme] DrScheme hanging occasionally

From: Scott Graham (sgraham at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 19:39:58 EDT 2004

Hmm... I'm using 208p1.

I do of course, get the GC stall, but that's always less than a second
or so in my experience (I'm not working with anything I'd call "big"
data or source, and this is on a pretty fast machine).

The hang I was referring to don't have any animation of any sort going
on, and Windows says that the process isn't responding (i.e. it's not
processing Windows messages). I've left it for up to a few minutes,
but I would say it wasn't coming back. When you say "stall" do you
mean it never comes back, or just pauses for a while, but comes back
eventually?

scott

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 06:44:49 -0500, David Stigant
<dstigant at houston.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm on Win2k and WinXP.
>
> With the old builds, I used to get really long GC stalls on a regular basis.
>
> Since I installed the newest build, though, I've seen some stalls that don't
> seem to be GC related (ie the GC icon is not flashing).   Mine seem to be
> during execution of programs involving Fr. Time.  Specifically, I've seen
> the clock animation demo freeze up a couple of times.

Posted on the users mailing list.