[plt-scheme] guibuilder and drscheme versioning

From: ctest at neural.dlsemc.com (ctest at neural.dlsemc.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 19:47:10 EDT 2004

>At Sun, 15 Aug 2004 06:09:14 -0500, ctest at neural.dlsemc.com wrote:
>> when i install guibuilder.plt
>> (http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/develop/guibuilder.plt ,
>> http://download.plt-scheme.org/scheme/plt-clean-cvs/collects/guibuilder/ ,
>> and http://download.plt-scheme.org/scheme/plt-clean-cvs/collects/guibuilder/
>> ), i get a error saying "cannot install; archive is for a older version of
>> PLT scheme".  However it dosn't mention what version it was written for. So
>> I've got 2 questions.  #1, what version of drscheme do i need to install to
>> be able to run guibuilder? and how do i generally figure out what version
>> something is written for?
>
>The web page
>
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/develop/
>
>claims that "guibuilder.plt" works for v102 through v103, and it's
>probably right. It's old.

oops.  shoulda noticed that.

>The CVS-based version, which you found in
>
> http://download.plt-scheme.org/scheme/plt-clean-cvs/collects/guibuilder/
>
>should work in v208.

thanks, upgraded to v208, downloaded all the files and copied them into
collects/guibuilder. & have a "insert gui" option now.

after I add a frame, I cad add components to the frame, except I cannot add
lists, for i get the following error message:

set-rectangle in region<%>: cannot mutate region, because it is currently
installed as its dc's clipping region: #<struct:region%>

This then locks up drscheme. Is this happening because I copied the files
instead of installing via a .plt file, something else i'm doing, or just a
bug?

I'm assuming there are no docs, other then the 12 line doc.txt
"documentation".

>As far as versions on .plt files, the error message "cannot install;
>archive is for a older version of PLT scheme" means that the archive
>was created before archives had associated version numbers, so there's
>no way to say which version it's for.

That makes sence.  Thanks.

Corey

Posted on the users mailing list.