[plt-scheme] SVG and Scheme?

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 10:04:21 EDT 2004

--- Shriram Krishnamurthi <sk at cs.brown.edu> wrote:

> A totally different question is whether we can compile
> FrTime animations into SVG and use the superior tools
> available for them.

What are 'superior tools' you wish to gain access to?  We
were discussing SVG on the Scheme UK list, leading from the
possibility of a Scheme implementation running on the Flash
VM.  The following link was posted:

  http://www.litux.org/wiki/SVG

It shows a bunch of SVG-like systems, such as libart, which
may be easier to link into than Batik.  If the desire is
for prettier graphics these may be a better option.

Noel

=====
Email: noelwelsh <at> yahoo <dot> com
AIM: noelhwelsh