[plt-scheme] graphical widgets

From: Ivanyi Peter (pivanyi at freemail.hu)
Date: Mon Aug 16 06:38:43 EDT 2004

Hi,

In DrScheme it is possible to change the position of the division line
between two text fields (the upper editor, the lower evaluator).
How can I do that in my application? In which file is it implemented
in DrScheme? I assume it is a special implementation, since I did not
find that any widget can do that by default.

There is also a bug in MrEd. In version 208 in mred.ss in the function
"mk-file-selector" at line 6461 inside the "change-dir" callback function
definition. The function calls the "get-string-selection" method, but
when the user clicked on an empty area, then this method returns #f
which is not valid for build-path. (It is possible to click on an empty area
since it is possible that there are only one sub-directory in the current
directory. And the user may click anywhere. :-) )
So it should read something like this:

  (let ([sd (send d get-string-selection)])
    (if sd
     (begin
       (set! dir ...
       (reset-directory)
    )))

The reason I know this because, I needed a file selector so I took this.
However I did not manage to start-up the default windows file selector.
Is it possible to do that in a normal application? I mean in the same way
as MrEd does this, on Windows use the windows file selector on Unix
use the defined one.

Thanks for any help.

Peter Ivanyi

Posted on the users mailing list.