[plt-scheme] embedding movies in slideshow presentations?

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 14 02:47:29 EDT 2004

There isn't direct support for it, but you can kind of roll your own.
You need two pieces. First, you need to use the `dc' primitive to
create your pict, and have it depend on some external state (say the
current step of the animation):

   (define step 0)
   (dc (lambda (dc dx dy) ... step ...))

Then, create a timer% object whose notify method periodically updates
`step' and triggers a refresh of the slideshow window.

I think that this will almost work -- you'll want to do something
special to start and stop the timer; you can do this with a clickable
pict on the same slide somewhere.

If you are feeling ambitious and think you can work out a better way to
support animations in slideshow, the code is in CVS -- have a whack at
it.

hth,
Robby