[plt-scheme] Creating a plt file

From: Jacob Matthews (jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 7 13:31:58 EDT 2004

Pedro Pinto wrote:

> Actually planet is the larger goal. I was trying to create a plt file
> that could be used by planet, and the docs state that this file should
> install to a user-specified directory. When testing I was surprised to
> see that no compilation happened but perhaps when installing through
> planet this is not the case?

If setup-plt doesn't compile it then PLaneT won't either. Does the
package contain an info.ss file that has the name field set? (I don't
know why you'd see compilation at all, even with an archive built using
`pack', if this isn't the case, but it's the only thing I can think of
that might be wrong.)

Also, out of curiosity, is there any reason you're not using the
make-planet-archive function in (lib "util.ss" "planet") to build your
.plt file?

-jacob

Posted on the users mailing list.