[plt-scheme] Creating a plt file

From: Pedro Pinto (ppinto at cs.cmu.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 7 13:17:57 EDT 2004

Actually planet is the larger goal. I was trying to create a plt file
that could be used by planet, and the docs state that this file should
install to a user-specified directory. When testing I was surprised to
see that no compilation happened but perhaps when installing through
planet this is not the case?

-pp

Robby Findler wrote:

> I'm not sure what the larger goals are, but you may want to check out
> planet (at http://planet.plt-scheme.org/)
>
> Robby
>
> On Aug 7, 2004, at 9:55 AM, Matthew Flatt wrote:
>
>>   For list-related administrative tasks:
>>
>> At Fri, 06 Aug 2004 20:38:08 -0400, Pedro Pinto wrote:
>>
>>> I am changing a plt file to install to a user specified directory as
>>> opposed to the add-ons directory. [...]
>>>
>>> The plt gets created, but when I use DrScheme to install it none of
>>> the
>>> collection files get compiled (they do get extracted).
>>

>> If the archive is not unpacked in a collection directory --- either
>> "plt/collects", the add-ons "collects", or something in PLTCOLLECTS ---
>> then it's not really a "collection".
>>
>> For the compilation step to unpacking, the .plt installer looks for an
>> actual collection to compile, and presumably it doesn't find one.
>>
>> So, I think you're seeing the intended behavior, in the sense that the
>> compilation step is intended to work (so far) only for packages that
>> are installed as collections.
>>
>> Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.