[plt-scheme] can't compile 208 on no-cost version of RH Enterprise Linux

From: Bill Richter (richter at math.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 6 13:18:23 EDT 2004

Thanks, Neil, and my sysadmin installed the development stuff, and 208
made just fine!!!!

  Here's what my sysadmin wrote me:

> > XWidgets/xwTabString.c:6:27: warning: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such
> > file or directory
 >
 > You're probably missing X Window System header files.  They are
 > probably in some "-devel" RPM that you or your system administrator
 > needs to install.  Or maybe you already have them installed but
 > they are in an unusual directory that you need to tell PLT's
 > "configure" about.

That header is in the XFree86-devel package.  I have installed
it on banach (I see that it is already installed on artin and dehn).

The OS that we are installing now is called "Scientific Linux",
and it is basically RedHat Enterprise recompiled from sources:

   https://plone.fnal.gov/Plone/Scientific%20Linux/view

Posted on the users mailing list.